- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 (8ounce) package rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (rinsed and chopped)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves (cooked and shredded)
- 1 small can mandarin orange slices (drained)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- To make the dressing- In a salad dressing carafe or container combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and rice vinegar.
- Shake and mix well (dressing should be prepared a half hour before making the salad)
To cook rice noodles- Heat a wok with a few tablespoons of oil. Break off a little bit of the rice noodles and add them to the skillet and fry them (they will puff up so only add a few at a time).
- As the rice noodles begin to puff up, remove from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- Be sure to cook them long enough because undercooked rice noodles will be very hard to eat.
In a large bowl combine iceberg lettuce, cooked chicken, mandarin oranges, green onions, and toasted sesame seeds. Let chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving to add the rice noodles. Pour dressing on the salad or allow everyone to put the dressing on their own plates of salad.