- 1lb jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails off)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liquor
- A ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or less)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a wok heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green onions and amaretto liquor. Cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp begins to caramelize.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add to the wok- coconut milk, heavy cream, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (stirring occasionally) until the sauce is reduced by half (about 6 minutes).
- Add shrimp back into the wok and add vanilla and coconut extracts. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes and serve.