- 1/2lb chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups shredded monetary jack cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula or wooden spoon until fully cooked. Drain any excess grease.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and fry until tender and browned on all sides. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Beat 2 of the eggs in a small bowl.
- Heat a 6 to 8-inch omelet pan (or a nonstick skillet) over high heat until hot. Add the butter, making sure it coats the bottom of the pan. As soon as the butter stops bubbling and sizzling, but before it starts to brown, slowly pour in the egg mixture.
- Tilt the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Let the eggs firm up a bit and use a spatula to gently direct the mixture away from the sides and into the middle of the pan. Allow any remaining liquid into the space left at the sides of the pan.
- Cook for another minute until the egg mixture holds together. While the middle of the omelet is still a little runny, add a bit of the cooked chorizo, some potatoes, and 1/4 of the cheese to the center of the omelet.
- Tilt the pan to one side and use the spatula to fold about one-third of the omelet over the middle. Shake the pan gently to slide the omelet to the edge of the pan. Hold the pan above the serving plate, tip it so that the omelet rolls off, folding itself onto the plate. The two edges till be tucked underneath. Top with any toppings and serve. Repeat with remaining omelets.