- 8 ounces chorizo sausage
- 12 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 ¼ cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (10-oz) can green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- sliced green onions
- diced tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chorizo, breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and reserve 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan. Add the hash browns and cook according to package directions. Remove from the pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and salt. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the eggs and scramble until almost firm.
- To assemble the enchiladas—fill the tortillas evenly with eggs, chorizo, hash browns and 1 ½ cups of the cheese. Roll tightly and place seam side down into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the enchilada sauce and heavy cream. Whisk to combine. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas in the baking dish, making sure to cover all of them. Sprinkle the remaining ¾ cup of cheese on top of the enchiladas. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil so that the cheese can brown.
- Top with green onions and tomato and serve.