- 1lb homemade chorizo (prepare my chorizo recipe)
- 24 frozen tater tots
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bread
- butter (for spreading)
- Place the frozen tater tots onto a baking sheet and cook according to the package directions.
- While the tater tots are cooking, cook the chorizo in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Break the chorizo up into chunks with a spatula or wooden spoon while cooking.
- Cook until the chorizo is fully cooked. Drain any excess grease and set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place butter side down onto a cutting board and top with a slice of cheddar cheese. Place 6 tater tots over the cheese and the sprinkle cooked chorizo sausage over the tater tots. Place an additional slice of cheese over the chorizo. Place the other slice of bread on top with the butter side facing up. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and place the sandwiches into the skillet.
- You may need to cook them in batches if they won’t all fit. Cook until the cheese is melted and both sides are browned about 5-7 minutes.