If you love club sandwiches, this pasta salad is right up your alley. This club pasta salad recipe combines the amazing ingredients of a club sandwich into a delicious pasta salad with a homemade dressing.
This is also a great way to use leftover turkey (or chicken or ham). You can also purchase a chunk of smoked turkey from the deli and cut it into cubes. Those chunks of lean protein pair perfectly with bacon, cheddar cheese, and cherry tomatoes — the mainstays of a club sandwich.
The best part about this recipe, though, is the salad dressing. The dressing is a combination of onion powder, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix. Salty and tangy!
There is not a lot of work required to prepare this dish. Your prep consists mainly of chopping and mixing the ingredients. This club pasta salad is excellent for cookouts this summer or make it in the fall after Thanksgiving when you have some turkey to consume.
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 4 slices bacon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups cooked turkey or chicken (cut into chunks)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (torn into pieces)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and boil uncovered for about 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, microwave the bacon between paper towels. Cook time varies depending on your microwave. Start with 4 minutes and then check every 60 seconds after that. Once bacon is cooked, transfer slices to another plate lined with paper towels and let it cool. When it's cooled off, crumble.
- In a large bowl combine Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix, onion powder, and mayonnaise. Stir in chilled pasta, bacon, turkey, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Serve the pasta over a bed of lettuce on each plate.
You can use leftover turkey, chicken, or ham. Or, you can buy a chunk of turkey, chicken, or ham from the deli and cube it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 584Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g