- 250g couscous
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Water to soak the couscous
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ a bunch of coriander
- ½ a bunch of flat leafed parsley
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil for dressing
- 1 chilly, finely chopped (optional)
- Take a big bowl and add couscous to it. Season with salt and pepper and add the cumin and paprika. Pour water into the bowl to just about cover the couscous.
- All the water will be absorbed by the couscous, making it soft and fluffy. It takes about 5 minutes for the water to be absorbed.
- While you are waiting for your couscous to absorb the water, you can chop the veggies and prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- After 5 minutes or once the couscous has completely absorbed the water, add the tomato puree to it and mix it well.
- Add all the finely chopped veggies and leaves.
- Add the lemon juice and drizzle some olive oil for dressing.
- Mix everything well and season with salt and pepper. If you feel that the zesty taste of the lemon juice is not enough, then you can add some more lemon juice.
If you use a packet of instant couscous, then the packet will include the amount of water that should be added to the couscous. Use the instructions for water measurement.