- 1 package of English Muffins
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 1lb breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup sausage drippings (can use butter if you don’t have enough drippings)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the breakfast sausage and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and pour off all but about ¼ cup of the grease.
- Whisk the flour into the reserved meat drippings. Cook for 5 minutes while whisking over medium heat. Slowly add milk, a little at a time while whisking. Cook until the gravy boils and thickens.
- Split the English muffins and lightly toast them in a toaster while you are making the gravy.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Pour in the eggs and let them sit until they begin to set around the edges, about 1-2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, push the eggs from the edges to the center. Let sit again for about 20 seconds, then repeat pushing the eggs to the center every 30 seconds until they are scrambled, a total cooking time of about 5 minutes.
- Turn on the oven broiler on high and add the toasted English muffins to a baking sheet.
- Spread a layer of sausage gravy onto the toasted English muffins and top with scrambled eggs, cheese, and sausage.
- Toast under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.