- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (grated or finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slice white bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices white American cheese (or mozzarella)
- In a small bowl mix together butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Lightly butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Add one slice of provolone and one slice of white American on the top of a buttered slice of bread.
- Place the remaining bread slice on each sandwich, butter side up.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and the cheese has melted.