- 1 small red onion – finely sliced
- 6–8 cherry tomatoes – halved
- A small handful of washed spinach
- Half a red chilli – seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic – finely chopped
- 50 grams of feta
- 6 king prawns (fresh, frozen or pre-cooked are all fine)
- Half a lemon
- 2 large tortillas or 3 medium tortillas
- A pinch of fennel seed (optional)
- If you are using fresh prawns, start by peeling and de-veining them. Then ensure all your other ingredients are prepared – this is a fast recipe to cook, so having everything ready will mean that you can simply add them as you need to.
- Start by heating up a few dashes of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot then add about three quarters of your onions and allow them to cook for a minute or so. Ensure you reserve a few pieces for final plating.
- If you’re using frozen prawns add them now – they’ll take a bit longer to cook than fresh. If you’re using fresh or pre-cooked add them right at the very end and plate the dish as soon as the prawns turn pink (or 30-40 seconds for pre-cooked). Also add the garlic at this stage.
- Keep everything moving at this stage and add your tomatoes and red chilli.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or so then squeeze in the juice of your half-lemon.
- The dish will look very wet at this point, particularly since the tomatoes will give up a bit of water too – don’t worry, though and keep everything moving, ensuring that the prawns get flipped so they cook completely.
- After about 4-5 minutes of cooking, you should find that the prawns are now perfectly pink and that the onions, tomato and lemon juice have gone quite ‘jammy’ and sticky. Season with a pinch of salt (not too much as the feta is quite salty) and add in your optional pinch of fennel seeds. If you’re using fresh prawns, add them now and cook until just pink.
- Then plate up – add a few spinach leaves to one half of the wrap and add some of your lovely sticky onion and tomato mixture, along with 2 or 3 prawns.
- Now add a few pieces of lovely fresh onion for some added crunch and then crumble over some of your feta.
- Finally, roll up the wrap by folding in the sides then rolling from the bottom to the top.
- Serve and enjoy!