I always enjoy using the slow cooker or frying pan but steak tacos don’t get much better than when the steak is cooked on the grill. The steak gets its flavor from a delicious marinade. Some of the key ingredients in the marinade include orange juice, lime juice, and cider vinegar. The steak can be marinated anywhere from a few hours to overnight. If you do not have a grill these can be cooked in the broiler instead. I like to add condiments to these tacos such as guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and Monterey jack cheese. Enjoy.
(Makes 5 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2lbs sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 (8 inches) flour tortillas
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
- In a medium bowl combine orange juice, oil, lime juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Add steak and toss in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat. Remove steak (reserving the marinade) and place onto the grill. Grill steak for 3-4 minutes per side and brush with the reserved marinade occasionally while grilling. Remove from the grill and slice into thin strips.
- Place a bit of guacamole onto the bottom of each flour tortilla. Top with steak strips, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.