- 3 ripe avocadoes (peeled and pitted)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2lbs ground chicken
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- To make the guacamole—in a medium bowl mash the avocados. Squeeze in or add the lime juice. Season with salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, and garlic. Mix in cayenne pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a bowl combine ground chicken, 1/3 cup cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic, jalapeno pepper, juice of ½ lime, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken burgers and cook until the bottom is browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip the burgers and cook on the other side until browned on the bottom and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- During the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill.
- Place burger onto the toasted buns and top with guacamole and cilantro.