- 2 halloumi (i’d say even 3 as Cypriot ones are a lot bigger than the ones we get here)
- 1kg all purpose flour
- 0.5 mug of semi-skimmed milk
- 1.5 mug of lukewarm water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp of yeast (1.5 sachets)
- 4 tbsp dried mint
- Salt (i added roughly 10g)
- Cut all the halloumi into cubes
- In one mug of lukewarm water, add the yeast, mix and leave for 10 minutes aside
- In a deep bowl, add the flour and the salt (to be well mixed together)
- Open a hole in the middle and add the oil and the milk. Mix well with your hands.
- Add the water with the yeast and the rest of the water and knead well. The dough shouldn’t be sticking on your hands by the end.
- Add the halloumi and the mint and mix well.
- Pre heat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Cut your dough in 25 portions and make them into balls. Put on a tray with baking paper and leave for 30 minutes covered to rise.
- In a bowl break an egg and beat it. Use a brush, and brush the egg on top of your pies.
- Cook in the oven until they become rose gold on top. (I was checking every 15 minutes and took roughly 30 mins).
After I added all the liquids my dough was still very dry and i could see a lot of flour not mixed well. So i added roughly another .5 cup of water and mixed well. I guess depends on your flour so see how it is for you. In general is a stiff dough and when you add the halloumi it becomes a bit more manageable!
It’s roughly 250 calories per pie if you care about the calories
- Serving Size: 25