Sometimes a simple grilled cheese can be the best. This is not really a recipe but more of an idea for a delicious sandwich. This grilled cheese combines ham, Monterey Jack and ranch dressing. You can either cook the sandwiches in a skillet or on a griddle. As always, I prefer a griddle because I can cook several sandwiches at the same time. For the ham, I like to use black forest ham. You can use either slices or shredded Monterey jack for the cheese. I like to serve these sandwiches with French fries. Enjoy.
Ham and Jack Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 8 slices of French bread (or any other type of bread)
- butter (for spreading)
- 8 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices deli ham (such as the Black Forest)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing (or more to taste)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Generously butter one side of the bread and place butter side down onto the griddle. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of the bread. Layer 2 slices of ham on top of the cheese and top with an additional slice of cheese.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing on top of the sandwich and spread around with a spoon or spatula. Top with the remaining bread slice. Spread butter on top of the top slice of bread. Repeat with how many sandwiches will fit on the griddle or in the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until browned on one side, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and brown on the other side. Repeat until all the sandwiches are cooked.