- ½ lemon
- Filtered water
- Melted butter
- Notably, two medium/large artichokes or three little artichokes usually fit in an Instant Pot. So start the recipe by removing the artichoke stems to make the bottom of the artichoke flat – you can trim the leaves if you like.
- In the Instant Pot, go ahead and combine 1 cup of water and lemon slices. After that, you can proceed to add the steaming rack, make sure you place the artichokes flat side down on the rack.
- Make sure the release valve is in the “Sealing” position before placing the lid on the Instant Pot and locking it. At high pressure, hit the “Manual” button on the Instant Pot, then use the “+” and “-” buttons to set the timer for 10- 20 minutes.
- The length of time you cook the artichoke will be determined by its size. You can follow this timing – set the timer for 7 minutes for small, set the timer for 15 minutes for medium., and set the timer for 20 minutes for large. Note that there may be some guesswork involved in the time. Your artichoke may be between small and medium-size, or medium and large size.
- The pot normally takes 10 to 15 minutes to heat up and build up pressure. After some steam escapes from the lid, the clock on the display will begin to tick.
- When the artichokes are done, you can remove them from the water and set them aside to cool until they can be handled easily.
- Then proceed to cut the artichoke in half lengthwise. Spray with olive oil on the cut side, and set the flat side down on a hot grill next to whatever meat you’re cooking.
- You can grill until grill marks appear. To obtain those diagonal grill marks, tilt the artichoke a quarter turn with tongs.
- Enjoy and serve with melted butter, mayonnaise, or aioli to dip.
- Notably, when cooking artichokes alone, I adjusted the temperature to 400 degrees. Also, if you are having a party and want to prepare ahead of time, you can steam the artichokes the day before, put them in the fridge, and then prep and grill them when you are set.
You can watch this video recipe to know how well to cook artichoke and how long it takes.