- 6 to 12 large eggs
- Fill a saucepan with cold water to about a quarter full. In the bottom of the pot, arrange the raw eggs in a single layer. More water should be added until the eggs are immersed under an inch or two of water.
The more eggs you have in the pan, the more water you should pour on top of them. Cover 6 eggs with at least one inch of water; for 7 to 12 eggs, cover with 2 inches.
- Allow the water to reach a good rolling boil in the pot over high heat.
- Turn the heat off, but leave the pot on the hot stove, cover it, and set it aside for 10 to 12 minutes.
The eggs should be perfectly cooked in about 10 to 12 minutes, this will however depend on how well done you prefer your hard-boiled eggs.
- Drain the water from the pot and pour some cold water over the cooked eggs to fast cool them and prevent them from cooking anymore.
Alternatively, if you’re cooking a big batch of eggs, transfer them to a large dish of icy water with a slotted spoon.
- Your eggs are ready to be eaten or served in any recipe of your choosing.
This recipe for boiled eggs is sure to always deliver the right results as long as the instructions are followed correctly. If you’d like to see more ideas to cook eggs perfectly, check out this video recipe.