- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then add the rice.
- You will need to give it a good swirl to make sure the rice is covered by the water.
- Then cover and cook for 30 minutes on the lowest heat setting on your smallest gas burner – induction should be done at a low-medium temperature.
- Go ahead and remove the lid and turn off the heat after 30 minutes.
- Remember to fluff the rice with a fork. Note that if the lid is left on the pan, the rice will keep hot for another 30 minutes- with no change in texture or flavor.
You can watch this video recipe to know how to cook rice perfectly – managing how long to let the rice cook.