- One 3-pound beef brisket
- Two cups beef broth
- Dry rub, to taste
- Rub the brisket generously with the dry rub and place it with the fat side up in a baking dish. Preheat your oven to 275.
- Add the beef broth into the baking dish and seal it tightly with aluminum foil. Put the baking dish in the oven and leave it to bake for 2 hours.
- Take the baking dish out and cut off the fatty top layer of the brisket. Slice the brisket at an angle against the grain. You can also strain the fat from the broth at this point if you wish.
- Return the brisket to the baking dish and seal tightly again with aluminum foil. Toss into the oven and bake for another hour. This extra time will give the brisket a fork-tender texture so it can be easily pulled apart.
- You can serve the brisket with roasted or mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, vegetable stews, sandwiches, burritos, pies, and many other dishes and side dishes. And if you’re making gravy, thicken the beef stock with some cornstarch and serve along with the brisket.