- Four center-cut salmon fillets with skin, 5-ounce each; 1-inch thick
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Kosher salt
- Bring out the fillets from the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then, dry with paper towels to remove moisture.
- Place a pan over high heat, pour in the oil, and leave to reach a shimmering hot level. As you wait, season the salmon fillets liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in, skin-side down, and immediately reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Press the fillets down with a metal fish spatula so the skin fries evenly. Leave it to cook for 4 minutes, till the fish turns golden brown.
- Flip the salmon fillets and press down again for a moment, then leave it to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon fillets into a bowl and serve as you please. You can also remove the skin and present it skinless.
- You can also consider this video recipe for more ideas about how much time salmon needs to cook in the pan.
Want more? Try this video recipe!