- Two thick salmon fillets, six to eight ounces each
- One tablespoon canola oil
- Bring the salmon fillets out of the fridge and leave them to sit for 20 minutes at room temperature. Then, dry them with paper towels and place the pan on the stove. Bring the heat to medium-high and let the pan grow scalding hot.
- Add the oil and leave it to shimmer. Then, tilt the pan so the oil coats the entire surface. Sprinkle some salt on the salmon fillets and add them to the pan with the skin side down. Leave them to cook undisturbed for about eight to nine minutes. Then, flip them and cook for two minutes until the entire surface exhibits the pale colour change.
- Rest the salmon fillets on a paper-lined plate for three minutes before serving.
And for more stovetop salmon duration ideas, watch this video.