- 6 sweet potatoes, 8 oz, washed
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Place each potato on the countertop and hold it in position. Gently poke it around at 5 to 6 places with a fork.
- Smear all over with olive oil and generously rub in the salt and pepper. Place in the microwave and set the timer for 5 minutes. For microwaves without rotating plates, flip the sweet potatoes at the 2-minute mark.
- The potato should easily let the fork in up to its center if properly done. If it doesn’t, place it back in the microwave and cook at 1-minute bursts till it’s ready.
- Set down, cut open, and serve as you please.
You can also check out this microwave sweet potato video recipe.