- 1 fresh apple
- ½ cup of water
- Wash the apple twice in clean water.
- Peel the sink off with a peeler and cut the apple into quarters. Using a knife, remove the seeds and core of the apple, then chop the apple up into tiny pieces.
- Put the apple pieces into a non-stick pan and turn on the heat to medium. Add ½ a cup of filtered clean water to the pan and cover the lid.
- Cook the apples for 8 minutes and stir them from time to time. Turn off the gas once you see that the apples have cooked well and allow them to cool off for two minutes or so.
- Blend the cooked apple-water mixture until it becomes a smooth paste. You can add a little bit of warm water to the mixture to adjust viscosity.
- The stewed apple is ready to eat. Serve immediately.
Note that the serving size for the stewed apple recipe varies depending on the number of apples you’re cooking. So if you’re cooking for more than one baby, you should increase the number of apples you have. You can store both apple dishes in the fridge for at least 5 days. To warm up the stewed apple for your baby, place a bowl of it in a pot of water and steam it on the stove. The heat from the pot is sure to get your bowl of stewed apples warm.
These recipes above, amongst many others, are sure to be enjoyed by your baby. If you want more ideas on how to cook apples for your baby so they’re safe and delicious, you can check out this video recipe.