- Two pounds carrots, peeled, cut in quarter-inch slices
- One-third cup of water
- One tablespoon butter, unsalted
- One Tablespoon honey
- One tablespoon thyme, freshly chopped
- One teaspoon kosher salt
- A quarter teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the carrots into a sauté pan and add water, salt, and pepper. Let it reach a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Allow to cook till the carrots are tender but not mushy- about seven to eight minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir in the honey and butter, then cook until the water evaporates. Remove the pan from the stove and sprinkle some pepper and salt to taste. Then, add the chopped herbs, stir and serve hot or warm.
Another helpful way to cook carrots on the stove can be viewed in this video.