Crispy Fried Shrimp (2-3 Servings)
- 1½ pounds shrimp, extra-large, peeled, deveined
- Eight cups vegetable oil
- Two cups of panko breadcrumbs
- Two eggs, large
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, unbleached
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika in a dish and whisk until blended. In another bowl, whisk the eggs till it’s also blended. In a third bowl, pour the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pot to about 350F. While you wait, coat the shrimp first with the flour mixture, followed by the whisked egg and breadcrumbs. Ensure the shrimp is wet, so the flour sticks, and ensure the breadcrumbs stick to the surfaces.
- Saute the shrimp in the hot oil for about two minutes or until the result is crispy and golden. Be sure to do it in batches and not overcrowd the pan.
- Transfer the fried shrimp to a flat container lined with paper towels to drain and serve as you please.
Test your knowledge on this topic by trying out this video recipe.