If you want to know how to make Stromboli, this recipe is exactly what you are looking for. Making Stromboli is very easy and using store bought ingredients helps to speed up the process a lot. This recipe uses pizza ingredients such as sauce, pepperoni, and Italian sausage. A premade crust is laid on out a flat surface and then topped with sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and cheese and then rolled up and baked to perfection. I like to serve this Stromboli with additional pizza sauce on the side. Enjoy.
- 1 (11-ounce) can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce (plus extra for dipping)
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup cooked crumbled ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pizza dough evenly on the parchment paper.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough, so that it is about 1 inch from the corners. Add and the layer of pepperoni and cooked Italian sausage. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Starting on one side, roll up the dough like a jelly roll. Slide to the middle of the parchment paper so that the seam is on the bottom.
- Cut several diagonal slits in the crust. Place into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.