Slow cooker Italian beef consists of a beef roast that is cooked with various seasonings and then shredded. This Italian beef goes great on sandwiches with provolone or mozzarella cheese. You can also serve this beef by itself or on top of rice or pasta. This recipe is easy to prepare—all of the ingredients are added into the crock pot and then the beef is cooked until tender and shredded. The shredded beef is returned to the slow cooker to absorb the delicious flavor of the juices. If you are making sandwiches you can use the broth as an as jus. This beef makes a great dinner and is perfect to serve for sandwiches on game day. Enjoy.
- 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 large red onion (sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 15-20 pepperocinis (mild or hot)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the beef roast into the bottom of the crockpot. Place all of the other ingredients on top of the roast. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Once the beef is tender and falling apart, use two forks to shred the meat in the juices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1350Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 407mgSodium: 5767mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 117g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.