- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon molasses
- ½ cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3lbs bone-in pork chops (1/2 – ¾ of an inch thick)
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, molasses, Jack Daniels, olive oil, soy sauce, chili pepper pasta, garlic, and ground black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add the pork chops to a gallon size resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the pork chops. Place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place pork chops on the grill and sear for both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Move the pork chops away from the flame. Cover and grill and cook over indirect heat until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F.), about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.