- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small purple onion (cut into strips)
- 15 jalapeno peppers (halved and seeded)
- 1lb thin sliced bacon (or ham, or prosciutto)
- blue cheese salad dressing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the chicken breasts into small strips that will fit the size of your pepper (the size is going to depend on how big your peppers are, so use your best judgment. If they are a little bigger than the pepper, simply tuck in whatever overlaps).
- In a large sealable plastic bag, combine garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoned salt, and paprika. Add chicken strips and shake to coat. Place an onion strip and a chicken strip into each jalapeno half. Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon, covering the entire pepper. Secure the bacon onto the pepper using a toothpick. Place the wrapped pepper onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat until all of the peppers are stuffed and wrapped.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake the peppers at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). These can also be grilled, by lightly spraying the grill grates and heating the grill to medium-high heat. Place the peppers onto the grill and then grill the peppers for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing if desired.