- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 links polish kielbasa
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 poppy seed hot dog buns
- yellow mustard
- 8 picked sport peppers (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet. You can also grill the kielbasa if you would prefer.
- In the same skillet add an additional tablespoon of oil and the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until the onion is golden and soft.
- Place a sausage onto a poppyseed bun, add mustard on top of the sausage and top with some of the cooked onions and 2 peppers (if using).