- 2lbs ground beef
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes (or minced fresh onion)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, ½ cup beef broth, garlic, dried onion flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Roll the mixture into small to medium-sized meatballs. Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs and fry until browned and cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F).
- You may have to cook the meatballs in batches. You can also lay the meatballs on a greased baking sheet. Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees F. for about 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 160 Degrees F.
- Remove from the meatballs from the pan and set aside. Drain the pan of any excess grease. Melt the butter over medium heat in the same skillet the meatballs were cooked in.
- Try to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef broth, a little at a time while whisking. Whisk in the beef bouillon and season with ground black pepper.
- Cook while whisking until the mixture becomes thick. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook in the gravy until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes or pasta.