- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small chunks)
- 1/3 cup oil (for cooking)
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2lb sliced mushrooms
- ¼ lb snow peas (in the pods)
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots (drained)
- ¼ cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- soy sauce (to serve)
- Heat oil in the work. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl combine chicken broth and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the wok over the chicken.
- Add all the vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with white rice and soy sauce.