If you are looking for a good last minute Super Bowl party idea, this recipe for nachos supreme might just be what you are looking for. These nachos are loaded with all kinds of different meats and condiments. You can really add or remove whatever you prefer and they will taste amazing. The main layer of these nachos consists of ground beef, chorizo sausage, and refried beans. If that isn’t enough, you could add some cooked chicken as well. Some of the toppings you could add are olives, green onion, lettuce, tomato, sliced jalapeno, guacamole, and sour cream. These nachos get a little bit of heat from the chorizo sausage and jalapeno pepper rings. You can spice them up more by using hot taco sauce and spicy salsa. This recipe for nachos supreme is a perfect appetizer for parties. Enjoy.
Nachos Supreme Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounces) can refried beans
- 1lb ground beef
- ½lb chorizo sausage
- 1 cup cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- sliced pickled jalapeno pepper rings
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- The ½ cup of salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add ground beef and chorizo sausage and cook while breaking up with a spoon or spatula until fully cooked. Drain off any excess fat. Add refried beans to the beef and sausage mixture, add cooked chicken (if using), tomato sauce, and taco sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Layer tortilla chips out on an oven-safe baking pan (a cookie sheet works well for this). Layer the meat mixture on top of the chips. Layer on the cheeses over the meat mixture. Layer olives and green onions over the cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, jalapeno pepper rings, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa. Serve immediately.
Saturday 9th of February 2013
Found this Googling for a nachos and chorizo recipe, going to try it out today! Snowed in and trying to make due with what we have. Thanks!
Saturday 2nd of February 2013
Those look sooooo good! I love how you use tomato sauce with the dry taco seasoning. I make my own dry taco seasoning mix but have always used water. Can't wait to try yours! Happy Weekend *Ü*