- 2 large bone-in skin on chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ cup cooking oil
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, thyme, sage, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel and rub olive oil all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the spices evenly all over the chicken pieces and gently pat to make sure the seasoning stays on the chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Heat ½ cup of cooking oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken into the hot oil skin-side down and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer the breasts onto a baking sheet, skin side up.
- Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.