- The ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces chow Mein noodles (or thin spaghetti)
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- In a small bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Set aside. Cook chow Mein noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir-fry for an additional minute.
- Toss the Chow Mein noodles and the soy sauce mixture along with the vegetables over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes until the noodles are heated through.