- Garlic cloves – 4 peeled
- Kosher salt – ¼ tsp.
- Basil leaves – 1 large bunch
- Pine nuts – 3 tbsp.
- Parmigiano-reggiano – 2 ounces
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Crush garlic cloves in the marble mortar until it becomes a paste
- Now put few basil leaves into the mortar and crush it
- In a batch put all remaining basil leaves and crush and paste until it becomes a thick paste
- Add pine nuts to the paste and crush it in the marble mortar
- Now add Parmigiano-Reggiano into the paste and again crush it until it becomes a thick paste
- At last, add extra virgin oil and kosher salt and give nice mix or stir to the paste
Delicious pesto recipe is ready to eat with pasta or bread.