These grilled stuffed pizza burgers make an amazing Italian inspired dinner. These burgers are stuffed with mozzarella cheese and flavored with ingredients such as garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. The burgers are topped off with sliced mushrooms and warmed pizza sauce; you can add toppings of your favorite pizza ingredients as well. Some good choices would be sliced black olives, onion, and green pepper. Make you sure seal the burgers well or else they may come apart or cheese may come out while they are grilling. This makes an amazing dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounces) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 4 hamburger buns
- ½ cup pizza sauce (warmed)
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Shape the mixture into 8 patties about 1/4th of an inch thick. Press ¼ cup of the cheese into a ball with your hands. Press the cheese flat into 4 of the patties. Place the cheese patties on top of the 4 beef patties. Pinch the edges together to seal.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place hamburger patties onto the grill and cook for 11 to 14 minutes, turning once, until the hamburgers are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking, place hamburger buns, cut sides down, on the grill, and cook until toasted.
- Place burgers on the bottom halves of the buns. Top with pizza sauce and the mushroom mixture. Cover with the top halves of the buns.