- Chopped tomatoes – 1.5 cups
- Chopped onions – 5 tbsp.
- Chopped jalapeno pepper – ¼ cup
- Chopped cilantro – ½ cup
- 1.5 cloves of garlic minced
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp.
- Sugar and Salt – as required
- Black pepper and cumin powder – 1 large pinch each
- In a food processor, add chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapeno pepper, cilantro with rest other ingredients.
- Make sure to leave half a portion of tomato, onion, and cilantro to mix later.
- Blend the ingredients nicely for around 20 seconds for a liquid consistency.
- Now add the remaining leftover tomato, cilantro, and onion in the mixture.
- Blend the mixture again in the processor for few pulses and make sure it has chunks in the paste.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and chill it for 30 minutes before serving.
Unused salsa recipe can be preserved for 5 days in the fridge in an air-tight container.