- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3–4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Use your hands to break the sausage into small pieces.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet and add the sausage bits to it. Keep stirring on high heat till it turns brown.
- Turn the flame down to medium heat and add half the flour. Stir the sausages so that the flour is soaked into the sausages.
- Keep adding the flour in small amounts and continue to stir so that the sausages can absorb the flour.
- Stir it for one more minute before adding the milk.
- Allow the gravy to cook on medium heat. It will take about 10 to 12 minutes for the gravy to thicken. Make sure you keep stirring in intervals so that the gravy does not stick.
- Season it with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- If you find the gravy to be too thick to your liking, then add some more milk to reach the right consistency. Our dish is ready to be served.
- Take a spoonful of the hot gravy and pour it over warm biscuits. You can also pour it over pancakes.