With a dish like this, it’s no surprise Italian cuisine is one of the most popular around. Shrimp Carbonara is among my favorite Italian foods. This dish combines shrimp, bacon, and onion with noodles and a sauce. The sauce is a combination of whipping cream, eggs, and Romano cheese. Like many of the recipes I post, this dish is very easy and can be on the table in about 30 minutes or less. It’s perfect if you want to make a good impression with little effort. It is a good idea to try and time cooking the noodles along with the shrimp and bacon so the noodles remain fresh. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Shrimp Carbonara Recipe
- 1 1/2lbs large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 ½ cup bacon (diced)
- 1 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or less)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ lbs spaghetti (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups freshly grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- Cooked pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse cover and set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and sauté bacon and onion until onions become transparent. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink (turning once).
- Season with pepper.
In a bowl whisk whipping cream with eggs until blended.
- Add noodles to the skillet. Add egg and cream mixture. Then add Romano cheese. Toss the noodles with the sauce and turn down the heat. Keep cooking until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
Thursday 12th of January 2012
made this as a trial run tonight for my Personal CHef business recipe file - I tweaked it with a bit more of the cream and cheese and deleted the butter. What a hit! I served it with a crusty italian bread and light salad for a complete meal - Thanks for sharing!!!
Wednesday 7th of July 2010
Mmmmmm I made this for fathers day and my fiancé loved it.
Making it again tonight.
Thank you for these great recipes please keep it going.
Monday 21st of June 2010
Made this for Fathers Day - delicious!
Liz from Simple Italian Cooking
Monday 14th of June 2010
What a great idea serving it on the bread! I will have to try that. Like a carbonara brushetta!
Saturday 12th of June 2010
i will try this recipe, looks really good