With a dish like this, it’s no surprise Italian cuisine is one of the most popular around. Shrimp Carbonara is among my favorite Italian foods. This dish combines shrimp, bacon, and onion with noodles and a sauce. The sauce is a combination of whipping cream, eggs, and Romano cheese. Like many of the recipes I post, this dish is very easy and can be on the table in about 30 minutes or less. It’s perfect if you want to make a good impression with little effort. It is a good idea to try and time cooking the noodles along with the shrimp and bacon so the noodles remain fresh. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2lbs large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 ½ cup bacon (diced)
- 1 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or less)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ lbs spaghetti (cooked and drained)
- 2 cups freshly grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- Cooked pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse cover and set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and sauté bacon and onion until onions become transparent. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink (turning once).
- Season with pepper.
In a bowl whisk whipping cream with eggs until blended.
- Add noodles to the skillet. Add egg and cream mixture. Then add Romano cheese. Toss the noodles with the sauce and turn down the heat. Keep cooking until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.