- 1 ½ lb uncooked large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink (about 2 minutes per side). Pour in the sauce mixture and stir so that the shrimp is fully coated. Season with ground black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and garnish green chopped green onions.