Here is a very simple way to prepare breakfast nachos. These nachos are loaded with scrambles eggs, bacon and cheese. The ingredients are prepared individually and then layered in a skillet and placed into the oven and baked for a few minutes. You can add additional ingredients to this recipe if you choose. A good option may be to use some cooked chorizo sausage in place of the bacon. These are great to serve as an appetizer. Enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack
- tortilla chips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place tortilla chips onto the bottom of an oven-safe skillet.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Scramble the eggs. Sprinkle the scrambled eggs over the tortilla chips in the other skillet.
- Fry the bacon over medium-high heat, turning frequently until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Once the bacon has cooled, crumble it into small chunks. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the scrambled eggs. Cover the eggs and bacon with cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.