- Sloppy Joe Topping-
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 all-beef hot dogs
- 16 hot dog buns
- nacho cheese sauce
- sliced Peperoncinis
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, celery, green pepper and onion and cook while chopping the meat up into small chunks with a spatula until browned. Drain off excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease the grill grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium heat. Open the hot dog’s buns and place cut-side down onto the grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until toasted on the bottom. Place the buns onto the warming rack of the grill or away from the heat.
- Place hot dogs onto the grill and cook over medium heat for 6-10 minutes or until heated through, turning them occasionally. While the hot dogs are grilling heat the nacho cheese over medium-low heat until heated through. To serve—place the hot dogs onto each bun. Top each with a ¼ cup of the sloppy joe mixture. Top with warmed nacho cheese sauce and sliced Peperoncini.