- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jar queso dip
- 1 (16 ounces) bag tortilla chips
- Heat canola oil in a medium sautés pan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper. Break apart the meat while cooking into small chunks with a spatula. Cook the ground beef until fully cooked (about 6-7 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar into the ground beef. Warm the meat over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until the beef is combined with the sauce.
- Pour queso dip into a microwave-safe dish, and heat in the microwave until warm. Layer a plate with the tortilla chips, spoon the warm sloppy joe meat mixture over the chips, drizzle the warmed queso dip over the chips and meat.