When you put sloppy joe meat onto dinner rolls they make an excellent appetizer. These sloppy joe sliders are topped with cheese sauce and banana pepper rings. The cheese sauce comes from jarred queso dip that is heated in the microwave and the sloppy joe meat is prepared using several ingredients in a skillet. The sloppy joe meat gets a lot of its flavor from ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. For the slider buns, you can use dinner rolls or any small bun you can find. These sloppy joe sliders are extremely messy and delicious—they also make a great appetizer for football season. Enjoy!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 dinner rolls
- butter (for spreading)
- 1 jar queso dip
- banana pepper rings
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, green pepper, and onion. Cook while breaking up the beef into chunks with a spoon or spatula until browned. Drain off any excess liquids. Stir in garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Mix well. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the dinner rolls in half and spread butter on the cut side of each bun. Place cut side down into a skillet over medium heat and toast until golden brown on the bottom.
- Pour queso dip into a microwave safe dish and microwave until warm. Place some of the sloppy joe meat onto the top of the bottom half of each slider bun. Top with queso dip and banana pepper rings. Place the top half of the bun onto the slider.