Beef tips are so delicious and easy when prepared in the slow cooker. This recipe consists of beef cubes that are cooked in the crockpot with gravy. The gravy is a combination of beef broth and brown gravy mix. These beef tips get even more flavor from seasonings such as pepper, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and thyme. A little bit of work is required to brown the meat but other than that, the slow cooker does most of the work for you. I like to save time by purchasing already cubed stew meat from the store. I like to serve these beef tips on top of egg noodles but rice is a good option as well. Enjoy.
- 1 (3lb) beef chuck roast
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- splash of red wine
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- Cut the beef roast into cubes and season with black pepper and Cajun seasoning. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer to the crockpot. Deglaze the skillet with beef broth, scraping up all of the brown bits. Add the beef broth to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together water, wine, brown gravy mix, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Pour into the crockpot, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- If the gravy has not thickened enough for your liking— mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water in a bowl and pour it into the slow cooker and stir. Turn the slow cooker to high and cook until thickened. Serve over egg noodles or rice.