- 1.3lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 large garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil or parsley
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, 1 garlic clove, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix well using clean hands and form the mixture into small meatballs that are about 1/8th cup each.
- Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden (being careful not to burn the garlic).
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with the bay leaf. Add the garlic and oil from the pan. Drop the meatballs into the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F).
- When the meatballs are finished cooking, add more salt and pepper to taste if needed and add the fresh basil or chopped parsley.
- Serve over pasta.