- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (8 ounces) New York Strip steaks
- 6 large eggs
- Four (12-inch) sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- vegetable oil (for brushing)
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook while stirring occasionally until deep brown and caramelized about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks until super caramelized, about 5-6 minutes per side or until the steak has reached your desired doneness. Rest the meat for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking, whisk the eggs and a little bit of salt and pepper in a bowl. Scramble the eggs in a large non-stick skillet until slightly firm. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the steaks, removing any large pieces of fat. Lay out a tortilla onto a flat surface. Sprinkle with a layer of gruyere cheese, add on some slices steak, scrambled eggs, and caramelized onions. Roll up into a burrito and brush with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add the wraps and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side or until browned on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Serve with prepared dipping sauce.