At your leisure, you can blend your supply of chili sauce right there in your kitchen.
- 1 cup red chili peppers, dried or roasted
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers, dried or roasted
- 1 tomato, large and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano, ground
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute the roasted chilies, jalapenos, and garlic. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, sugar, and salt. Stir, and cover for about 15 minutes.
- Put the mixture down, and allow to cool for about 25 minutes. Then, put in a blender and puree into the desired consistency.
- Store in a jar or container and keep in the fridge. This homemade chili sauce can keep for up to 3 months if stored properly. Also, leaving the seeds in the chilies before blending makes it spicier.