- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup thick and chunky salsa
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup refried beans
- The ¼ cup of salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the ground beef, corn chips, egg, chili powder, cumin, salsa, black pepper, and a ½ cup of the shredded cheese. Mix well and form into an oval shape. Place into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the refried beans with a ¼ cup of salsa. Spread the mixture over the top of the uncooked meatloaf. Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the meatloaf is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees). During the last few minutes of baking sprinkle 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend over the meatloaf, and return the meatloaf to the oven.