- ¾ lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded, and minced)
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¾ cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 12 (5 inches) corn tortillas (or taco shells)
- romaine lettuce (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- 1–2 avocados (diced)
- Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- Sour cream
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add oil, onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stirring until the vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Increase heat to medium-high, add tomatoes and boil for 2 minutes. Add turkey and chicken broth bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the turkey is cooked through and the mixture thickens (about 12 minutes).
- Add cilantro and stir.
- Makeup tacos with the various toppings.